April 1, 2020
Measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) implemented
In response to the spread of novel coronavirus in Japan, we have decided to implement teleworking in principle (except employees involving production and jobs required for business continuity) as one of further preventive measures from March 31 for the time being.
As of today, our Hiroshima, China and Singapore factories are keeping normal operation, while the coronavirus infection rapidly spreads worldwide. Thus we will be sure to take necessary actions continuously to fulfill the responsibility of product supply to our customers with paying careful attention to the situation surrounding our stakeholders.
For your reference, we have already implemented the following preventive measures at Tokyo office, Hiroshima, China and Singapore factories;
- Teleworking (except employees involving production and jobs required for business continuity)
- Shift commuting (to avoid crowded public transportation)
- Thoroughly execution of wearing mask, checking regular body temperature and hand wash
- Limit capacity to use internal canteen
- Request visitors to wear mask, check body temperature and alcohol disinfection before entering our venues
- Internal meeting with minimum attendee, proper distance each other, keeping air fresh by ventilation
- Utilization of web conference
- Refrain from going on business trips (Overseas and domestic)
- Stay at home for 14 days after coming back to the infectious area (*) and in case of being recognized as close contact of those who are infected coronavirus
*in accordance with the definition by the Japanese government (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that could be caused by this issue, and appreciate your understanding in this matter.